Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cornbread Mini Donuts

Like most of the country, we've been stuck in a rainy, cold and miserable weather pattern for a while.   I found myself craving chili yesterday, and wanted some kind of cornbread/muffin to go with it.   I found this recipe on Cooking with My Kid and couldn't wait to give it a try in my mini donut pans.   


I made no changes to the recipe, though I may have sprayed my pans with Pam if I hadn't run out.      I softened some butter in the microwave and added some local honey to it, then dipped the donuts into it like a glaze    :)   I got exactly 24 donuts, and Jake & I just loved them.     Next time I'm planning on added minced jalapeno to half the batch, and maybe swapping out the lemon juice for lime.






Cornbread Donut Recipe

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     2/3           cup  yellow cornmeal
     1/3           cup  all purpose flour
     3/4      teaspoon  baking powder
     3/4      teaspoon  baking soda
  1              pinch  salt
  1                     egg (lightly beaten)
  1          container  non fat yogurt -- (6 oz)
  1         tablespoon  canola oil
  2          teaspoons  lemon juice
  3        tablespoons  granulated sugar -- added with the liquid ingredients
  2        tablespoons  butter (melted) -- (2 to 3)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. In another bowl stir together oil, lemon juice, egg and yogurt. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the hole. Gently fold everything together until combined. Use a teaspoon to dribble a small pool of butter in each cavity of the donut pan. Place half the batter in a small zip baggie and seal it. Cut a small hole in the corner of the baggie and pipe batter into the donut cavities on top of the butter. Only fill each cavity 1/2 way and before baking be sure to clean off any stray dough around the circle so there’s a hole in the middle of the donut. If making mini donuts, bake for 4 or 5 minutes. If baking regular sized donuts cook fro 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for a moment and then flip over onto a cooling rack while still warm.

Source:
  "http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/dinner/cornbread-donuts/"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar