Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Peaches N' Cream (Fabulous Makeup)

Aura by Avoure
My memory card got compromised and the eye swatches I did for this got deleted, so forgive me I ain't going go into all that malarky again. I first found out about this brand via Instagram from elana150816 (thanks!). What really attracted me was the lip liner set which comes in an artsy box but, only one of the 5 shades really appealed to me so, I resisted spending £15 for what essentially is a pretty box. The company also sells a range of eye shadows so, I decided to get a decent range of their products - here are my thoughts. 

Order Process: The order process was simple enough, but because I bought a "set" -  it limited me to certain shades in the offer. Despite such restrictions, I managed to get shades that I genuinely desired. 

The Packaging 
The loose powder eyeshadows also come in pretty individually decorated boxes - very cute. 
The actual eyeshadows are in little screw pots which is alright but for £6.95 I really think that a sifter should be involved in such a deal because to prevent spillages ...
The Shades
spills
Eden - described as an olive green shimmer with gold undertones 
Rootin Tootin - described as an intense metallic copper
Cheetah - described as a vibrant metallic tangerine with golden shimmers
Sinderella - a shape-shifting copper glitter pigment with reflects of orange and fuchsia pink

The Eye Primer
eye primer + shadows
The eye primer is pretty standard, it does help to show the loose powdered eye shadows well - without it, the adherence to the skin/eyes is poor (like most loose eye shadows). See below.
two shades without a primer and then all four shades with a primer
I attempted to show how all the shades looked without a primer but, gave up after swatching two because well,  the difference is pretty obvious.

The Pigment Drops
the pigment drops and the eyeshadow primer

This product is designed to change loose/powder products into a smudge-proof liner for the face and body - it works - similarly to Ingot Duraline
Pigment Drops
Yes, it works. Mixing a little bit of the pigment drops with a loose eyeshadow makes for an immovable liner. Great.

lip liner and lip gloss, lip gloss on its own
Lip Liner - a classic brown lip liner. It doesn't drag and sharpens nicely, similarly in tone to NYX Slide On Lip Pencil in Urban Cafe. 

Lip Gloss - has a sweet scent, great pigment, and it's not sticky. The shade Cherry Brandy is the darkest shade and is a good "skin-tone nude lip" for my dark skin. 
End Thoughts: I like the products. Yet, I like the creativity of the packaging more. If I were to give feedback for improvements it would be to add sifters to the eyeshadows asap, and umm make the tops of the shifters a little more exciting *ducks for cover*.

Have you tried anything from the brand Peaches n' Cream?
What are your thoughts on "indie makeup" brands?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar