Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

CHANEL LÈVRES SCINTILLANTES (GLOSSIMERS) IN 'DAYDREAM' AND 'SAVAGE GRACE'

As mentioned in 'my picks' post HERE, I purchased 2 Lèvres Scintillantes (Glossimers)
from the recent 'Révélation de Chanel' Spring/Summer 2013 Collection
175 Savage Grace is described as a 'deep shimmering garnet'.  This turns out to be my favourite of the two. :)  Although the shade itself isn't unique, its richness, gorgeous 'plum-iness' and lots of fuchsia shimmers that make it quite stunning on the lips.  It applies in full, even coverage in a couple or so swipes - even on my blue-toned, pigmented lips.  Lovely for an evening out (maybe candle-lit dinner that will sure to make those shimmers standout even more :) ), or for autumn/winter I'd say (as opposed to spring/summer as it was intended) - don't you think?
174 Day Dream is described as an 'intense metallic fuchsia'.  However, I would not describe it as a fuchsia.  When applied on the lips, it's a little sheer, raspberry colour with lots of glittery shimmer.  'Day Dream' was the the one that excited me the most when I first saw swatches of this online, however, I must admit I was a little disappointed with it when I finally got to try it on my lips.  It was sheer, it wasn't a fuchsia at all and it wasn't that flattering on my pigmented, blue-toned lips and against my olive, NC30 skin tone.  I think if you have pale lips with fairer skin tone then it might suit you much better.  Meanwhile, I will have to experiment and see what lipstick I can layer this on top with to suit my liking.


Swatches
All swatches were applied on me - I have medium, olive, NC30 skin tone.
Using indoor lighting and photographed with a strobe.
In low light (no strobe used) - the shimmers shine through even more.


On My Lips
175 Savage Grace (above) gives an excellent and even colour pay-off on my blue-toned pigmented lips.
As you can see above, 174 Day Dream mostly shows off its glittery shimmer on my lips and doesn't have a very strong colour at all.  To me, it seems more like a tinted gloss that shows through my natural pigmented lip colour.


Finish
While it was all that shimmer that enticed me the most with these glosses, they're actually more glittery than I expected (particularly noticeable with 'Day Dream' as it has less colour pigment making the shimmers more obvious).  So just beware. ;)  The worse thing for me is when I wipe the product off or as it wears, all that's left on your lips are glittery flecks!!! :(  Very difficult to remove I must say as they stick quite well!  Not a good look unless you're going for that 'I just ate glitter' kinda look.  /:-\


Scent
There is no noticeable scent or taste to these lip glosses which is good news for those with sensitivity in this regard.


Texture
Feels smooth even with the shimmers in it.  Does not feel 'gloopy'.  Personally, I found these lip glosses to leave my lips feeling dehydrated unfortunately!  I don't know why that is - perhaps the glittery formulation has something to do with it.  I've heard Rae from The RaeViewer many times state that she's sensitive to a lot of glittery/shimmery lip products, and maybe it's a similar adverse effect it has on some people.  I didn't find it caused my lips to peel - just that they felt quite dry afterwards. :(


Overall
I'd say check out 'Savage Grace' for those who have medium to darker skin tones.  Fairer lovelies might just prefer 'Day Dream'.  It's worth trying these out in store first if you can and you have sensitive lips or are concerned with lips drying out or peeling.


Hope this helps. :)


Thanks for stopping by! ^_^ xo


You might also like...






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar