Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Illamasqua's Pivot Eyeshadow

DSC_4007

Illamasqua never disappoint, do they? 

I've been on the prowl for a lime green eyeshadow for a long, long time and let me tell you, they aren't easy to come by at all. A cursory glance in the likes of Boots and Superdrug always leaves me underwhelmed, hit by wave upon wave of dull, neutral shades. Don't get me wrong, they all serve a purpose but we all need a bit of neon every now and then, right?!


Of course, my go-to for something different is always Illamasqua, and when I headed down the escalators towards their counter I had a good feeling. I was right to be positive, because this would be my first encounter with 'Pivot'.

DSC_3753 
Mesmerising...

 DSC_3760

Pivot is intended to be a yellowy green eyeshadow, and to me those yellow undertones really shine through meaning it looks more like the flesh of a Kiwi or even the Kiwi flavoured Jelly Bean (both equally delicious by the way!)

From the packaging it's clear Pivot is intended to be matte, which immediately made me a little concerned it might be quite powdery. But when I was swirling my brush in the pan and patting it onto my eyelids I found very little loose powder at all. Another common drawback with matte shadows is the powder tends to make its way into my eyes, but the lack of loose powder floating about meant this wasn't an issue at all. The final major plus point is the pigmentation, it's very strong so I found I didn't need to pack the colour on. I would say that this will increase the life of it, but I know I'll use it so often it'll run out before I know it!

I paired this with a Cerise colour from the Sleek Ultra Brights palette (Nope, I still can't get over this palette). I was a little surprised by quite how well these colours matched up actually, like they were made for each other...

 DSC_4008 DSC_3985 

 DSC_4009 

Illamasqua's Pivot will set you back a cool £15. I know that's quite steep for an eyeshadow, but in my opinion it's fully justified because it's an original and exciting colour of such high quality. There just isn't anything to match it in either respect out there on the high street.

So go on, be bold! ;)

Are you a brights or a neutral kinda person? 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar