Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Pick from the MAC Viva Glam Nicki & Ricky Collection

This is my first ever Mac Viva Glam lipstick.  When I swatched this at the store, I thought this was way too bright for me.  Then I saw photos online and people saying it wasn't as bright as they thought.  It looked great on them and I really liked the colour.  I figured perhaps it was just the lighting in store?  I went back and purchased it and figured if it was too bright after all, I could blot it down or layer with another lip gloss or lipstick to tone it down a little to wear for everyday.

Now that I've worn it a few times, I still like the colour.  Currently, it's definitely the brightest lip colour I own...it's like totes 'neon' bright on me.  Definitely, much brighter than what I'm used to, but it's a very pretty, bright, yellow-based pink colour with a satin finish that's perfect for summer (but, yes it will make your teeth look yellow, so smile with your lips closed ;-) ).  This is nice when worn with a fresh, clean, minimalistic look - groomed brows (can thicken them if you want to go with the latest trend), loads of mascara and optional simple black eye liner (flicked to a cat eye or not), and just a hint of bronzer/blush, et voila...you're ready for summer. (Or you can pretend it's summer at least). ;-)

The thing that disappoints me is the texture.  It's a bit creamy and seems ok when swatched, but on application, I find it difficult to apply with an even coating on my lips, especially since my lips have unevenly dark pigmentation.  I have to work a bit harder to blot and blend this lipstick in with my finger tips, otherwise some of the product just sits on top and you can see darker areas of my lips, which is not very flattering!  I also find that the lipstick feathers a bit on me and after a while, can make me look a bit clownish, so I have to apply some sort of lip primer and/or lip liner.  For a not-so-cheap lipstick, I don't really want to work this hard to wear it.  I don't have the time either.  (But, at least every cent of the money goes to the Mac AIDS fund).  So overall, while I like the colour, I'm not as in love with this lipstick as a lot of other people seem to be.

Scent
Slight vanilla scent that's typical of most Mac lipsticks.  Doesn't bother me at all.

Swatch
On my olive tan skin.

Size and RRP
AU$36 / US$14.50 / CDN$17.50 for 3 g / 0.10 US. oz. of product.

Availability
Available for a limited time in Australia since March from MAC standalone stores, MAC counters in Myer and David Jones, and online. (Was released in the U.S.A in February).

Final Words
Nice colour especially if you love bright neon lips, but I highly recommend trying it on in store first before buying if you have unevenly pigmented lips like mine.


Hope this helps somewhat...

Thanks for stopping by! xo ^_^


Anyone else had any issues with this lipstick?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar