Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DIY Marble Table Top and Blog Photo Background


When I moved into the new house in February, I was all for that Pinterest look, white and pastel colors are all over my office/makeup room to make it look like my inspirations I had posted here. However, there's only so much white on white I can handle and I felt that now was time for a change. Inspired by Vivianna Does Makeup's post on her obsession with marble and an older post on Veracamilla.nl, I decided to spice up my Ikea Expedit by turing it from off-white to marble. 


This little space has been the background for most of my blog photos, since it is straight across from the window and against the wall. I though that the ideal background would be a white one, but instead it just makes for over-exposure if the light is not right in the room and overall I just got bored of it, so it was time for a change. I went to my local DIY shop and picked up a roll of adhesive plastic foil with a marble print that looked reasonably realistic and was incredibly cheap (only 6€ here). The adhesive foil was incredibly easy to stick to the piece of furniture and is also intended to be easily removable, so there is no damage if I decide to change it in the future. All I had to do was measure and cut a stripe from the roll and gradually let it stick to the Expedit piece. Appeltje eitje, as they say here in The Netherlands.

I find that marble makes for a more interesting background for pictures and goes well with my new black marble dish from H&M. Maybe I got obsessed as well, I blame Vivianna Does Makeup. 
What do you think of the change? Do you like to DIY your spaces?
xo
A

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar